02 junio 2009

Why are we the idiots?

I just had a situation which made me ponder on the difference between clients. Normally when I am about to commence a job, I try to ask as many questions as possible to get a clear idea of what is asked of me, so I may in turn, suggest other ways of achieving the same goals, and or doing what is requested and not end up doing a design for smokes when they really wanted diapers. Usual clients open up and share their vision, and mission, and everything in between.


On the other hand, there are clients who take asking as a weak link on my part. If I ask it's like, I'm dumb and I don't get it. Eh, what is there to get if my queries are not answered? How am I supposed to deliver if I don't know if I should drive my car straight, to the right or to the left. Maybe what they really want is if I can drive backwards... This is really frustrating.


Anyone have an idea as to how I should ask without asking? How to get the answers I need without triggering that incoherent notion that asking is a sign of weakness?


Ahhhhh!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates